Monthly Archives: April 2013

Entry 225: Miss Direction

Occasionally, I start writing a post about one thing, only to have it end up being about something else. Such is the case with this post, so please bear with me through its twists and turns. We begin with a … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Entry 224: The Joy of Napping

In 2011, the National Sleep Foundation conducted a poll in which 43% of Americans claimed they don’t get enough sleep. The other 57% were asleep when the poll was taken. This raises an important question: “There’s a National Sleep Foundation?” … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Entry 223: Is That a Magnet in Your Leg or Are You Just Attracted to Me?

So, have you heard of body hacking? It’s the very latest breakthrough toward creating the sort of world that has terrified us since the invention of science fiction, where we are stalked by artificially enhanced human beings like Cybermen, Cylons and … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Entry 222: Indecent Proposals

Recently, a fellow named Sid Ceaser, who is no relation to the Sid Caesar of early TV, proposed to Sara Prindiville in the following fashion: He ordered custom-designed Muppets that resembled him and Sara and created a brief film in … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Entry 221: A Girl’s Best Manmade Friend

I have never understood the concept of expensive jewelry. As a human being, it is embarrassing to me that our species cannot seem to mature beyond a 6-month-old’s fascination with shiny things. And what other species can you name that … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Entry 220: Retail Rebellion

Probably very few of you remember this, but before there was Best Buy…before anybody tried to beat the Wiz…even before Eddie went crazy, there was something called JGE Electronics. You may not remember the name of the store, but if … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Entry 219: Smart Phone, Dumb User

Well, April 11 is going to be a big day for me. It’s the day I have to get a new cell phone. As you know, cellular law requires that you get a new phone every two years, on the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment